Agents not communicating with server

Hi. All of a sudden, all agents stopped communicating with the server and I looked up the log from one agent and it says:

RROR: InitializeConnection: Initiating replication connection to 'host: "DC2.*******.local" port: 2222' failed with: Request: Era.Common.Services.Replication.CheckReplicationConsistencyRequest on connection: host: "DC2.*******.local" port: 2222 with proxy set as: Proxy: Connection: :3128, Credentials: Name: , Password: ******, Enabled:0, EnabledFallback:1, failed with error code: 4, error message: Deadline Exceeded, and error details:

• Replication details: [Task: CReplicationConsistencyTask, Scenario: Automatic replication (REGULAR), Connection: DC2.*****.local:2222, Connection established: false, Replication inconsistency detected: false, Server busy state detected: false, Realm change detected: false, Realm uuid: b988c633-de44-4654-9758-cb470811127d, Sent logs: 0, Cached static objects: 0, Cached static object groups: 0, Static objects to save: 0, Static objects to delete: 0, Modified static objects: 0]
  • All replication attempts: 165

Not sure where to start. The firewall is off on the DC. Any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by Juraj M

• Administrators

Please provide a trace log from the ESMC server in a compressed form. I'd expect records like "NodVerifyCertificateChain failed: NodVerifyTrustResult: 42, NVT_NotTrusted" to be logged.

Have you tried reinstalling the agent using the current peer and CA certificate?

• ESET Staff

Error "Deadline Exceeded" in this context means that requests from AGENT are not handled in time. As timeout is set to 60 minutes, it might indicate some network problem. Could you verify that AGENTs are actually connecting to ESMC? Is there any network component in between them? HTTP proxy or some kind of load balancer? Any chance you tried to restart ESMC service or possibly whole system? Just to be sure there is no problem with insufficient sockets for all AGENT connections

Looking up how to retrieve a trace log pushed me into restarting the ESMC server service and the agents starting to communicate now. I´ll check on it again later today. Thank you though.