ESET Internet Security Firewall does not block MS Edge Browser

I run a laptop on Windows 10 Pro 1809, and run ESET Internet Security latest version on it.

My primary browser is Firefox and I use MS Edge browser only as a PDF/ebook reader. So I wanted to block internet access to it. I created a couple of firewall rules in ESET IS to Deny access to Edge across all protocols, in and out. But for some reason, Edge is still able to connect to the internet.

I am blocking two applications related to Edge as per attached image.

Please help me understand why Edge is still able to access the internet despite this. Is there something else I need to do to achieve this?

Thanks and Regards, RK

ESET-EDGE.png

• Administrators

I've switched to interactive mode, ran Edge, chose to create blocking rules when prompted and finally switched to automatic mode:

image.png

The problem here would be that the path to Edge's executable will change when it updates to a newer version and the rule will become invalid.

57 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I've switched to interactive mode, ran Edge, chose to create blocking rules when prompted and finally switched to automatic mode:

image.png

The problem here would be that the path to Edge's executable will change when it updates to a newer version and the rule will become invalid.

Thank You. I did the same and it succeeded. I will also keep the advice to check paths after every update in mind...(when will MS make things simple for the end user, eh?! 😣

FYI, I got a completely different set of exes and in different paths than you, as in the attached image 🤔

ESET-EDGE2.png

Edited by ReyKenobi