Reseller Woes

Prophead

Hello everyone.  Just a simple question.  Why is it that I work so hard to get ( and keep ) customers, only to have the ESET program come up and tell MY customer it is time to renew?  Only to find that the ESET company takes my customer away by having them renew online.  I do not find this a fair practice at all, i mean ESET gets revenue from my sales whether they are initial sales or renewal customers.  What would be fair, is to change the text to read something like "Your Antivirus Protection Will Expire In XX Days.  If Purchased From A Reseller, Please Contact Them To Renew".  I wonder how much money is made from initial sales at ESET from resellers like myself.  Kinda makes a person wonder what would happen if we all got tired of this practice.

• Administrators

The system of license expiration notifications is made to route users who click the notification to the seller from whom they purchased the license. I would suggest contacting the authorized ESET distributor in your country in this regard. We'll need to check particular licenses if everything is alright on files.

As a reseller the exact same thing happened to me. When I asked the same question of my account manager I was told the customer is informed of the reseller and whom they should contact but they can choose to ignore that information and renew themselves online. I was told that this was to protect the customer if a reseller has gone out of business. Thankfully it was only a small customer and they could be reassigned to me, but there is nothing to stop them doing the same thing again. As far as I’m concerned this should not be allowed to happen. How do Eset know the effort that we may have put in to a sale initially only to loose it at renewal. I think this needs changing as soon as possible. If ultimately a reseller does go out of business, Eset would soon find out because renewals through their account would stop, then they could reassign a new reseller. 

Edited by MrWrighty