• Administrators

No problems here. Maybe a firewall is blocking access to LiveGrid servers. Do you have LiveGrid enabled at all?

• ESET Insiders

Of course I have Live Grid turned on and as a firewall only the Eset Firewall runs and this does not block this service.

Edited by SlashRose

• Administrators

Try temporarily changing logging verbosity from informative to diagnostic in the advanced setup -> tools - > log files, next open the list of running processes, then switch the verbosity back and post the recently generated records from the event log.

3 hours ago, SlashRose said:

Ist 1809 What can I do now to get it working again itman?

As @Marcos mentioned previously, it could be a firewall issue. Make sure the default Eset firewall for ekrn.exe is enabled that allows all inbound and outbound traffic for the process. Also ensure the Win firewall is disabled and that its outbound protection was not somehow inadvertently enabled. The Win firewall should have been auto disabled at EIS installation time.

Short of the above, you might just want to export existing Eset settings if custom modifications were made; uninstall EIS; and then reinstall EIS and import Eset settings if so previously saved.

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders

It's just running the Eset firewall, just checked it, too, the ekrn.exe is allowed in the Eset firewall for incoming verbins. But I suspect that this issue is caused by the cumulative update KB4493509 and Eset is also one of the virus prorgrams, which has problems with this patch, because before this patch, LiveGrid worked quite normal, or could have another problem in charge his?

4 hours ago, SlashRose said:

But I suspect that this issue is caused by the cumulative update KB4493509

It was installed on my Win 10 x(64) 1809 build w/o issue.

4 hours ago, SlashRose said:

Eset is also one of the virus prorgrams, which has problems with this patch

Appears you are the only one having issues using Eset.

Check you default Eset firewall and ensure ekrn.exe rule shows Direction as "Both."

Eset_Ekrn.png.17db8b244890076392900cc3b891bc39.png

Do the following which will validate that a LiveGrid connection is being made:

You can also check the reputation of files that do not act as running programs/processes. To do so, right-click them in a file explorer and select Advanced options > Check file reputation.

hlptools_cloud_check.png.ffa49dad953fa5c09bfb1a49da301e52.png

https://help.eset.com/eis/12/en-US/idh_page_cloud.html

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders

Even that does not work, I had already tried as a longtime Eset user

Edited by Marcos
Formatting

• Administrators

Firstly, we kindly ask to obey this forum rules and don't use bigger fonts unless really needed.

18. Do not abuse the forum's rich text controls.  Messages and signatures with inappropriate font selection, including size, color and, for signatures, length, may be edited by forum staff to conform to standards of decency.

Secondly, please follow my instructions, ie. enable diagnostic logging verbosity, then open Running processes and wait a while, next change logging verbosity back to informative and finally post the recent records from the ESET event log.

• Administrators

The event log doesn't contain any diagnostic records. So again:

- enable diagnostic logging verbosity in the advanced setup -> tools -> log files
- open Running processes and wait a bit
- post the recent records (or the whole event log as you did)
- change the logging verbosity back to informative

Since it appears you ignored my suggestion to reinstall Eset, do a repair install and see if that resolves your LiveGrid issue.

• ESET Insiders

As if by magic, Live Grid runs since today again and because I had the same problems, like all other AV apps manufacturers, namely that each folder open every command took three times as long as it was with users of other AV manufacturers and only because here are some Cumulative Update KB4493509 did not have the problem, does not mean that Eset had no problem with it, because how many Eset users are on the board? Very few, so something is nothing and if you look at my error messages in Vergangehneit I had posted here, where it was always said that it is not due to Eset, who will find that I was right with my statements to over 90% , because I've been using Eset since the v2 years with Computerguard 10 years the betas tested, I know Eset really very well, maybe you should even believe me, especially if you were right with his error messages to 90%! Strangely, since the LiveGrid is working again, the whole program delays are awake, my guess is that Eset fixed the problem peer update and I would bet on that.

Eset Live Grid.JPG

Edited by SlashRose

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue since updating to windows 10 1903.  It was working before I installed the new windows 10 update.   Running Processes  time of discovery is unavailable. I do have LiveGrid enabled.  I restarted my computer and seems to be working now

Edited by Purpleroses