Wake on LAN doesnt work after update to ERA 7

Hello,

We upgrade ERA to version 7, everything is up to date, agents, Endpoints everything. 

We allow communication to epns.eset.com with port  8883 for both ERA and client agents. But WoL still not working.

Error message: Failed to send Wake-up call: ESET Push Notification Service not available.

Everything else looks like working as expected.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Hello,

we are not using proxy, how can I test direct connection to epns.eset.com, does it reply on ping? Is it relevant?

Ok updating, it works now, we made some changes on firewall.

It sending WoL on same subnet.

But ERA wont wake up computers on ohter subnets, as was promised with new version. Its not showing any error, I see it do something, but nothing happend.

Can I somehow trace or check where is problem?

I can that remote computer reboot or shutdown through ERA, its updated and online. I can wake up that machine, from same subnet with different software tool, so WoL works. 

• ESET Staff
11 hours ago, Jakub said:

But ERA wont wake up computers on ohter subnets, as was promised with new version. Its not showing any error, I see it do something, but nothing happend.

Could you please check configuration of WakeOnLan multicast ip addresses in ESMC's advanced settings?

It was not possible to use generic broadcast address as in previous versions of ERA due to technical limitations, but new configuration was introduced:

image.png

which might be used to specify multiple multi-cast addresses used for WOL signals. If not set, standard network broadcast will be used.

In case this settings was actually used, any chance you checked Wireshark logs on clients that were supposed to be signaled and are placed in different networks?