ESET blocks piriform defraggler

Hi Chris.

When I tried to download the free Defraggler from here: hxxp://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download

ESET detected a "potentially unsafe application"= the bundle, is that what you're seeing too?

Try this Chris.....

Go here scroll down and download the "Slim" installer, do you get a warning from ESET on this one as well?

hxxp://www.piriform.com/defraggler/builds

Edited by SweX

Thank you Swex it works with the slim installer.Thank you for your help and support.Is piriform defraggler any good?Thanks for everything  :huh:

Edited by chrlshlmn

Defraggler is decent, and it will use the same technologies to consolidate your files that the windows defrag uses, with exception of extra features and a graphical representation of what your drive looks like, which i really like a lot.

Edited by Arakasi

Thank you Swex it works with the slim installer.Thank you for your help and support.Is piriform defraggler any good?Thanks for everything  :huh:

Great Chris. 

Sorry but I can't say if it's good or better than any other defragger, personally I use the built-in defragger it works fine for me. But if you like it and it works fine for you then you can continue to use it if you want of course.  :)

Hello Swex,after trying and searching,I decided to use the built in defragger .I come to believe Windows' Knows Windows'.............Thank you very much for your response and support. :)

Edited by chrlshlmn

Hello Swex,after trying and searching,I decided to use the built in defragger .I come to believe Windows' Knows Windows'.............Thank you very much for your response and support. :)

Hi !,

I agree the windows defrag might run more efficiently under windows.

Keep in mind Defrag is not a Windows function, but a 'hard drive' function.

It simply consolidates the data on the drive to help it operate more smoothly and extend life. :)

Hello Chris. 

Sounds good, the way I look at it is if a function that's built-in like the defragger in this case works OK then I feel no need to look for a 3'rd party product that basically does the same thing.  :)

Although I can't really say the same about the built-in MSE/Windows Defender heh.  :rolleyes:

Yes you are so true about the built-in MSE/Windows Defender.I see that some 3rd party can do more harm than good.I know some are decent though.Thank you very much. :o