False Positive - Babylon

Dear ESET,

It has been about three months where you show a false positive on our software. By doing so, you are hurting businesses and users around the world, keeping them from using our translation software.

We receive many complaints about the issue on a daily basis, asking us to assist them - however we could not find a way where you software will allow our software to be installed - even when the user adds exceptions and more.

We have submitted our files to submit@eset.com many times and have never received a single reply.
We have submitted our software for white listing through whitelist@eset.sk as requested more than a few times - and never got any reply as well.

The support in Israel as well the US claim that they can not offer any help and that we should keep emailing the addresses mentioned above.

How many more emails should we send you until you will honor us with a reply?
How long will our mutual users should suffer due to your decision to ignore our communications?

I assume that once again you will lock this thread and ignore us as you have done a number of times before, but i hope you will prove me wrong.

Regards,

Ran Eyal
Babylon Software LTD.

The admins will close this yet again as they have repeatedly requested you to post it in the correct forum.

As for email responses, it is rather strange if the company is not responding via official channels. I could only suggest you locate specific individuals and message them directy to obtain assistance if the forums are non-responsive.

Within https://support.eset.com/kb141/ 

is the section for

Report a suspicious website or false positive website via email

If you have already done so and nothing has been achieved to date then I would suggest you resend, allow a suitable amount of time for a reply (2-5 working days).  If nothing then ask for contact with supervisor, or development lead, etc. anyone with the ability to get something done.  You might consider messaging on the social media forums for ESET.  My experience is that any time postings are public, they are acted upon much faster.

Also, contact  your sales channel who sold you the software and request that they intervene.  After all, sales are the backbone of any company, without those there is no business and with bad publicity sales will also be impacted.

Edited by Hpoonis

4 minutes ago, Hpoonis said:

Within https://support.eset.com/kb141/ 

is the section for

Report a suspicious website or false positive website via email

If you have already done so and nothing has been achieved to date then I would suggest you resend, allow a suitable amount of time for a reply (2-5 working days).  If nothing then ask for contact with supervisor, or development lead, etc. anyone with the ability to get something done.  You might consider messaging on the social media forums for ESET.  My experience is that any time postings are public, they are acted upon much faster.

Also, contact  your sales channel who sold you the software and request that they intervene.  After all, sales are the backbone of any company, without those there is no business and with bad publicity sales will also be impacted.

Apparently it is not the right place, as it is being ignored for a months now.

Edited by BabylonSoftware
spelling error

• Administrators

1, This forum is not a channel for disputing detections. A correct procedure for reporting possible false positives to ESET is described at https://forum.eset.com/topic/18734-how-do-i-report-a-false-positive-or-whitelist-my-software-with-eset/.

2, This is not a false positive. The application is correctly classified as a potentially unwanted application (PUA). For more information what PUAs are, please read https://support.eset.com/kb2629.

Having said that, we'll draw this topic to a close.

• Marcos locked this topic