ESET 7.0 Internet Explorer issues

Sejjeto

So we have a few clients who almost exclusively use IE because of LoB applications. Ever since we've upgraded to 7.0 IE performance has taken a hit and in some cases they cannot get to websites that show to have outdated TLS. Once I disable ESET or set IE as an excluded application performance and the TLS issues stop. 

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Sejjeto said:

or set IE as an excluded application performance and the TLS issues stop

Do you mean excluding IE from protocol filtering?
Does the issue occur with any https website? Does it occur with Firefox as well which uses its own trusted root CA certificate store? At any rate, I would suggest raising a support ticket for customer care so that the case is properly handled and tracked.

10 hours ago, Sejjeto said:

they cannot get to websites that show to have outdated TLS

Perhaps they have disabled TLS 1.0 in IE11? Maybe something to do with their Group Policy settings?

I use IE11 as my primary browser and have never experienced any profound performance issues with Eset installed.

Something you might try - for sites that only work with Internet Explorer , I added the "IE-based tab" extension to chrome and brave browsers and can browse to them successfully.

Accordingly to this: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-00 , TLS 1.0 has already been deprecated. However, Microsoft previously has stated that it will be supported in IE11 until 2020. Maybe something has changed in that regard?  Note that some app software like Salesforce has already disabled use of TLS 1.0 in IE11. 

Edited by itman