Update NOD32 Version

DavidNK

Every day, I get a notification to update the version of my NOD32, which I don't want to do, and I have to close that annoying window.

I would like to know if there' s any location on the settings where I could disable this option, but not leave the Virus Database updated.

My version is 10.0.390.0

Many thanks

• Administrators

What is the reason for staying with v10 and not updating to the latest one? Program updates can be disabled in the advanced setup. However, we don't recommend that or ESET will not be able to protect you against current threats to the maximum possible extent. V10 is quite old and is not supported any more.

If you use Windows 10, you will have to upgrade anyways since old versions of AVs either don't already run on it or will not run after upgrade to RedStone 5 (probably to be called April 2019 Update).

I wrote my post asking for help, I was not queried the why I don't update NOD32.

But I' ll be short. The software in its new releases are much heavier each day, and I cannot upgrade my PC.

Saying that the disable NOD32 updating option in the advanced settings is poor in contents.

I pray for more details (if anybody)

• Administrators

The setting to disable program updates is found in the advanced update setup:

image.png

It is our good will that we inform you about potential risks when staying with an older version. If one were to purchase a home alarm and the seller would not recommend a better one for the same price that can resist latest tricks of burglars, it would not be fair from him against the buyer.

Newer versions are actually even lighter on resources. If you have the opposite experience, we would be glad to assist you with determining the root cause and finding a solution.