Trouble following recent update

3angles

Hi everyone,

I am unable to access various internet pages following some update made yesterday (some websites, pdf links, and much more problematic : cannot publish a website online anymore, using Weebly). Here are the 2 modules updated yesterday (in French).

-Moteur de détection 

-Module de réponse rapide
Is there someone from ESET out there who can help me?

Thank you !

• Administrators

None of these modules could cause a complete loss of Internet connectivity. Please post a screen shot or video to demonstrate the issue. Is the issue that no http nor https website can open in a browser? Does it happen regardless of the browser? Does temporarily disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup make a difference? Didn't you install another software shortly before the issue began?

HI,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is a printscreen of error message following update :

image.png.44732712ecdaf61eb9fd286704da36d8.png

Answer to your question :

- it is not a complete loss of connectivity : I do access some internet pages, but cannot access others (cannot identify differences).
- yes, the same happens with specific links whatever browser I am using (google chrome or mozilla)

THANK YOU !

Edited by 3angles

the error message appearing in the URL; 

not secured | [same number appearing always]/login.lp?event=ServerConnect

I am reluctant to post a printscreen of it because it might be my IP.... ???

thanks

Edited by 3angles

58 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Does temporarily disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup make a difference? Didn't you install another software shortly before the issue began?

-I will try tomorrow to disable that

-no, I did not install any other software shortly before (nor afterwards) the issue

• Administrators

Looks like a problem downloading updates. This error can occur if a proxy replaced information in update.ver with a custom html code. If possible, please provide me with a Wireshark pcap log from an update attempt.

yes, I also have the feeling it has something to do with downloading update. 

have no idea of what Wireshark pcap log is... seems like I need to download the ap to provide you some codes or something ?

Hi !

I downloaded Wireshark and was about to try to send you the requested info but I had a quick look on the internet and this was not my IP bit a server connection (default)... so I just launched my internet router and.... I don't have any problem any more !!!!! what a shame.... did not think a second that it could be due to connexion default...

ALLELUIA - any way

THANKS !

PS : Belgium.... "zero" point..... 😵