Issue with RD Sensor.

I installed the agent + RDsensor + AV on the PC in the network 10.0.2. , but it does not detect the ESMC 7 that is in 10.0.3. Is a connection policy applied or what would be the method?

Is 24 hours waiting for it to detect?

• Most Valued Members

This could be a routing issue or a firewall issue. 

Can you ping the ESMC server from the PC?   (assuming echo packets are permitted)

As I understand it, the Agent requires (assuming you didn't change the port #) port 2222 to be open for incoming/outgoing on both the ESMC server and the PC.

Ed

has a connection by pinging the ESMC.

On the PC I can enter the Web Console of the ESMC.

the port is the default 2222

I do not know what the connection would be interfering

• ESET Staff

I would recommend to follow documentation for troubleshooting AGENT connection, especially status.html might be helpful for start.

In case network visibility is verified (ping works), problem might be with firewalls, or maybe also certificates configuration.

Thank you very much for the reply I have consulted the status.html and the following detail appears.

some help in this regard

error.png

• ESET Staff

I am not completely sure from this log, but my best guess is that AGENT is not able to resolve hostname you used in configuration. Could you manually verify that used hostname can be resolved on client machine to IP addresses? Otherwise there might be some problem with DNS configuration.

Thanks for the help MartinK, uninstall the agent, install it offline, and use the certificates generated by the console.

When performing this procedure I found the ERA SERVER.

I had installed with the program that is downloaded from the agent + antivirus console.