ESET SS saying SN is fake

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Alloneword said:

My current version has come up saying i have a fake key, have been using it find for 4 months can somone contact me to see if my key is legal or not

All1

Contact ESET support through the GUI of the program , so they can have all of the details you want from there and explain to you why this has happened so you can contact the one you bought the cd-key from and explain to them what happened.

• Most Valued Members
8 minutes ago, Alloneword said:

Sorry Rami that has been done many thx

They will be able to help you with the license only if you have bought it directly from ESET , if you have bought it from any other retailer then they will send you to contact the retailer but I think they will give you the reason for why the license-key got blocked/banned.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Alloneword said:

My current version has come up saying i have a fake key, have been using it find for 4 months can somone contact me to see if my key is legal or not

Please post a screen shot for clarification since ESET never tells that you have a fake or pirated key; such text doesn't exist in resource files whatsoever.

According to an email i got from ESET they say the following:

Good Afternoon,

As we discussed, this license is from another country so we’re not able to support it.

I hope the trial suits you and that you’re able to get your money back from the eBay seller

Regards

I have no idea where they get the "As we discussed" bit as i have not spoken to anyone about this before, I have converted my old version into a trial version for the time being until i know what is going on

ESET.jpg

36 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Did you really get the code from Russia?

Nope bought it in the UK, looks like i have been shafted then 😒

Right on top of Crimbo and i sure as hell don't have the funds to spend £80 right now, guess i will run the trial and look for a cheaper option for the new year, thx for your help Marcos

All1

• Administrators

I'll check with our teams and investigate what happened. Did you purchase it directly from ESET UK or from a local reseller? If you have a receipt from the seller, please take a photo of it and supply it to me as a proof of purchase.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

I'll check with our teams and investigate what happened. Did you purchase it directly from ESET UK or from a local reseller? If you have a receipt from the seller, please take a photo of it and supply it to me as a proof of purchase.

No did not buy it from yourself, i have been given a new key and that seems fine now but i will PM you that key so you can check that if you want to just to be safe