Uninstalling ESET IS breaks Lenovo Easycamera

I'm running a trial version of ESET IS on a Windows 10 64bit (build 1803) system. IS version is 12.0.27.0

This IS program exhibited a number of issues, notably breaking network connectivity, which I fixed by making a clean uninstall (software was replaced by windows defender). However, the laptop's camera, a Lenovo EasyCamera, does not work at all. Issue seems to be exactly the same with the one reported by https://forum.eset.com/topic/14959-web-camera/?do=findComment&comment=76376

I've tried removing the camera and rebooting. Same issue. I've also tried reinstalling ESET IS, disabling/enabling webcam protection. Same result.

How can I fix this?

Issue appeared immediately after uninstalling the eset product. Furthermore, this issue is exactly similar to the one described in page 2 of the thread I've mentioned, with the exact same camera type.

I've followed the steps there, but nothing helped.

Then I disabled camera control in IS, uninstalled it and then the camera started working again...

Bottomline, I'll stay clear from IS and stick to NOD32 which as been performing rock solid on the same rig.