NOD32 update

novice

13 hours ago, novice said:

Still update time doesn't display correctly on the main screen....

What "main screen"? How about a current time screen shot. Is your machine clock current?

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

14 hours ago, novice said:

Still update time doesn't display correctly on the main screen....

My best guess at this point is there is a bug in NOD32. This behavior does not manifest on Internet Security.

What we need is other NOD32 users to confirm it is happening to them. I suspect most users don't pay any attention to the update time displayed on the Eset GUI home screen. I didn't until you brought up the issue.

Edited by itman

15 hours ago, itman said:

My best guess at this point is there is a bug in NOD32. This behavior does not manifest on Internet Security.

What we need is other NOD32 users to confirm it is happening to them. I suspect most users don't pay any attention to the update time displayed on the Eset GUI home screen. I didn't until you brought up the issue.

What we need is more information from "novice".

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

9 hours ago, TomFace said:

What we need is more information from "novice".

See my post here:

If you open "You are protected" screen, on the left lower corner says "last update 12 hours ago". However, if you go to "update" screen , the last update was "29 min ago"

When you return to the "You are protected"  screen , now the time displays correctly. But on initial check, always the time is wrong.

So, an user opening only the "You are protected" screen will automatically assume that ESET never updated.

Edited by novice

10 hours ago, novice said:

If you open "You are protected" screen, on the left lower corner says "last update 12 hours ago". However, if you go to "update" screen , the last update was "29 min ago"

When you return to the "You are protected"  screen , now the time displays correctly. But on initial check, always the time is wrong.

What I am wondering is this is tied to how fast the Eset update is performed at boot time.

For example when I boot, the Eset update always completes after the desktop is fully initialized and the last update time is correct on the Eset GUI home page. However lets say you boot and then "dilly dally" at the Win logon screen for a while. You then eventually sign on. By that time, the Eset sig. update has been completed. When one then displays the Eset GUI home page is the last update time correct?

Edited by itman

2 hours ago, itman said:

you boot and then "dilly dally" at the Win logon screen for a while

Usually I sign in instantly when is available; ESET will not update till my third party firewall will allow internet connection (I can see ESET updating and I get a pop up about successful update)

Still the time in main GUI is wrong (previous time when ESET updated)

Mystery solved as far as I am concerned. Also my previously posted suspicions were confirmed.

Today at first cold boot, I purposely waited approximately 30 secs. to logon to Win 10. When the desktop initialized, the Eset GUI icon was present on the lower toolbar and Eset had completed its update at logon task. I then opened the Eset GUI, the home page did indeed show last update was 12 hours ago. I then within the GUI went to the Eset logs section and opened the Event log. It indeed showed Eset was updated a minute ago. I then returned to the Eset GUI home page and it now showed the time of last update was a minute ago.

Appears the Eset home page last update time for some reason is dependent upon internal GUI access for updating at system startup time. Why, I really don't know. One possibility is the Eset update successful popup screen triggers an update to the last update time on home page. I really believe this is such a minor issue most will never notice it.

Edited by itman

Another observation on this issue.

Appears my above posting is not 100% correct. What I noticed today  is that the Eset GUI home page showed last update 12 hours. If I closed the Eset GUI and immediately reopened it, it showed the correct last update time. So the issue is only on the initial startup of the Eset GUI. Thereafter, all is correct.

-EDIT- I just noticed that upon opening the Eset GUI home page sometime after the initial system boot, the last update time is not correct. Again, reopening the GUI displays the correct last update time.

Edited by itman