LICENSE_SYNCHRONIZATION

Hi ESET,

ESET license from ERA is not synching  with the ESET license server. I checked the trace log (C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Logs) and found Error:

2018-10-28 08:53:22 Error: LicenseModule [Thread 1540]: LicenseModuleHelper: SyncPools: Failed to retrieve the linked pools

CEcpCommunicator: HTTP send of XML request failed, error=20031.

I can open https://edf.eset.com/edf on web browser and below message displayed

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ecp:message xmlns:ecp="hxxp://www.eset.com/2012/02/ecp"><ecp:response><code>20101003</code><message>Unsupported Content-type: unknown</message></ecp:response></ecp:message>

Please help me resolve this and let me know what IP address and port number required for communication for ESET license server.

• ESET Staff

Mentioned error means that synchronization fails due to invalid/untrusted certificate. Could you verify what certificate you receive when opening page in browser? Is it ESET's certificate, or some other, for example provided by proxy? Certificate is signed by CA "DigiCert Global Root G2" - could you verify this CA certificate is present in certificate store of local computer (not current user)?

Any chance you are using ESMC 7.0? Asking because fallback solution was implemented there, involving ESET service for online verification of certificates, located on pki.eset.com, which should resolve issues with wrong configuration or missing CA certificates in system.

Hi,

Issue resolved by allowing ESET certificate. 

Any chance you are using ESMC 7.0? No, we are using ESET ERA 6.5

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.5 (6.5.522.0)

ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.5 (6.5.388.0)

Thank you

• ESET Staff
31 minutes ago, Shafiq said:

Hi,

Issue resolved by allowing ESET certificate.  

Just for future reference, what you mean by allowing certificate? Communication was blocked by some security application/device? Or certificate was considered as invalid?