Why is EsEt Internet security blocking svchost.exe from my computer and router?

Within an hour it has been blocked for almost 200 times.

Do I need to deblock it?

• Administrators

Please elaborate more on the issue that you are having. However, first of all make sure that you have diagnostic logging of all blocked communications disabled in the firewall setup. We need to know what exact issue blocking of the communication causes.

1 hour ago, Bernard said:

Why is EsEt Internet security blocking svchost.exe from my computer and router?

And how did you determine this? Are there entries in the Eset HIPS log showing that svchost.exe is being blocked? If so, please post a screen shot of the Eset HIPS log entries.

Edited by itman

1 hour ago, Bernard said:

I don't have an issue yet, just curious. I'm new to this product.

Is this is the case, why are you posting about an issue with Eset blocking svchost.exe?

21 minutes ago, itman said:

And how did you determine this? Are there entries in the Eset HIPS log showing that svchost.exe is being blocked? If so, please post a screen shot of the Eset HIPS log entries.

By what he describe I think he is talking about Eset Firewall blocking "svchost.exe" connections.

Edited by razorfancy

54 minutes ago, razorfancy said:

By what he describe I think he is talking about Eset Firewall blocking "svchost.exe" connections.

Well if he was running with Eset default firewall settings, that wouldn't be the case since it allows all outbound connections including svchost.exe.

Eset's Web Filtering now monitors svchost.exe traffic but I have never seen anything blocked from it.

2 hours ago, Bernard said:

It was Eset Firewall (Home monitor) blocking indeed.

It blocked svchost.exe and also my wifi-router.

I deblocked it.

I probably think you got those 2 blocks because you set your network as public in your PC instead of home network but maybe @Marcos can clarify this.

https://support.eset.com/kb3754/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Edited by razorfancy