store uniblue cookie, and file.org AV keeps blocking these

kkay

1/9/2014 9:55:56 PM    

I copied and pasted this part of the message from Eset Nod32 av program.  This was in the log files.  It has been blocking this.  I don't even know what it is.  I looked it up, and I see something about an automatic payment for Registry Booster, which I have never had, nor wanted.  I looked at add or remove programs, and it is not there.  It seems uniblue is poorly rated as well.   Does anyone know anything about this?  The same thing is going on with this file.org deal.  I have no clue what is going on.  I show no malware or virus.

11/7/2013 4:05:27 PM    

Good evening kkay.

Do you have Potentially Unwanted Applications checked as types of objects for ESET to look and scan for ?

How do I configure my Windows ESET product to detect or ignore unwanted or unsafe applications?

What is a potentially unwanted application?

Also to remove Uniblue that is still on your system but not displayed in add remove programs will be somewhat tricky and, you would definitely have better results performing a manual uninstall between Directories and

The Windows registry.

IF ESET detects this PUA, they may do the cleanup for you.

Yes, I had it to detect potentially unwanted and suspicious applications.  But I did not have the potentially unsafe applications checked.  When I looked at it, I decided to check that one too.  I uninstalled that File Type Assistant almost two weeks ago.  But I guess it didn't get it all.  I looked up the files mentioned on Should I Remove it site.  I couldn't find anything, but the unins000 files,I saw no .exe file, but a few .dat files used by other programs. 

I thought about downloading it again, and this time using a portable Revo Uninstaller on it.  Then let Revo handle the trace files.  But ESET didn't like the links. 

Well I checked that middle one too, as I mentioned.  (unsafe applications)

Now it is seeing Dell Backup and Recovery\Components\DBRUpdate\hstart.exe as a potential threat. 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Backup and Recovery\Components\DBRUpdate\hstart.exe - a variant of Win32/HiddenStart.A potentially unsafe application - action selection postponed until scan completion.  Surely this is a false positive?  I went to the folder, but I haven't seen that exact hstart.exe part of it. 

• Administrators

Potentially unsafe applications are legitimate tools that can be misused in the wrong hands (e.g. tools for determining serial numbers of installed software, killing processes, tools for remote administration misused by malware, etc.). You can either exclude the file from scanning or disable detection of potentially unsafe applications.