ESMC 7 server API, Dynamic library not found

my system :

• system ubuntu 18
  • odbc 5.2
  • mysql
  • gcc 7.3

halo. i run my program using new shared libs from esmc 7. my program previously running OK on ERA 6.5 , keep getting dynamic library not found. no idea what library. i've "ldd" them to check dependency. cant find anything.

library initiatin was ok, all required function are successfully obtained from the shared libs. the error message appear when i attempt to send a json request(connection request)

request :

{"Era.ServerApi.StartRequest":{}}

response:

{"error":"Dynamic library not found"}

what may cause this

thanks in advance

• ESET Staff

I don't think there has been any change. Dependencies are: Network.so, Protobuf.so and also libcrypto.so (OpenSSL) which has to be of version 1.0.*. If I recall correctly, Ubuntu 18.04 installs version 1.1.* by default, so maybe you are missing older one?

• ESET Staff

I have seen this error when the library files (Network.so..) were not correctly referenced from the code (the file path was incorrect).

thank you for the replies.

On 10/16/2018 at 8:26 PM, MartinK said:

.......Ubuntu 18.04 installs version 1.1.* by default, so maybe you are missing older one? 

Yes installing on Ubuntu 16 works,

On 10/18/2018 at 1:26 PM, janoo said:

I have seen this error when the library files (Network.so..) were not correctly referenced from the code (the file path was incorrect).

if one of the required libs missing, server API reply with something like "could not find lib.so" message. where in my case the message say "Dynamic library not found"

i hope support for latest openssl arrive soon. for now i stick to Ubuntu 16.

thank you very much