Jump to content

Definition Update - File Not Found on Server


Kieran Barry
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

Just encountered a strange problem, more of a post to let you know that it's been encountered.

I got an email stating that when one of our machines tried to update definitions, the file was not found on the server. I went downstairs to take a look and manually checked for updates and it went through with no problems. Is there a difference between it trying to update automatically and manually?

Kind Regards,

Kieran Barry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

What version of Endpoint is installed on the client? Does it update directly from ESET's servers or you use a mirror or http proxy? If it updates from a mirror, which product / version creates it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

In the update setup make sure that automatic server selection is enabled:

image.png

Also check if proxy server is disabled:

image.png

In case you're able to reproduce the issue, enable update engine advanced logging under Tools -> Diagnostics and run update. Then disable logging and provide me with logs gathered with ELC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Marcos said:

In the update setup make sure that automatic server selection is enabled:

 

Also check if proxy server is disabled:

 

In case you're able to reproduce the issue, enable update engine advanced logging under Tools -> Diagnostics and run update. Then disable logging and provide me with logs gathered with ESET Log Collector.

I have checked these settings and they are the same as yours.

I have enabled the logging just in-case the issue happens again.

Thank you for your help

Kind Regards,

Kieran Barry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...