Continual problems with this program

Pepper

I live in Thailand and my new laptop had this preloaded and the language is Thai. I cannot understand the fact that every time I keep getting messages about it not scanning. This is the best understanding I can get from my Thai partner. SO I scan and next time, same issue. It slows down or stops me opening programmes. I either need to change language and I can't find out how, or preferrably uninstall the programme as I have never liked it on other devices. Suggestions please.

• Marcos changed the title to Continual problems with this program
  • Administrators

Please elaborate more on what issues you are having. What do you mean by "messages about it not scanning"? Would it be possible to temporarily install English version 11.2.63 and post a screen shot from it for clarification?

Also elaborate more on "it slows down or stops me opening programmes". What programs? What operating system do you have? Do you have the latest version of ESET 11.2.63 already installed? Do you have also another security software installed?

I keep getting pop ups and Eset popping up saying in Thai no scan.

I am using Windows 10. 

Anything from Google Chrome, Excel and Facebook etc will not respond until I close down the messages.  

I have the up-to-date system and yes, I have downloaded another software for protection because I cannot work out to stop this system, better still uninstall. When I go to uninstall prorgrammes in the Control Panel and I click on this system, suddenly uninstall is not an option.

Please post a few screen shot of the different Eset alerts you are receiving. At this point, I don't believe anyone has a clear understanding of what popups you are receiving.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Pepper said:

I have the up-to-date system and yes, I have downloaded another software for protection because I cannot work out to stop this system, better still uninstall. When I go to uninstall prorgrammes in the Control Panel and I click on this system, suddenly uninstall is not an option.

That may happen if you remove the original msi installer from c:\windows\installer, e.g. while cleaning up disk space. In such case uninstalling ESET in safe mode with the Uninstall tool should do the trick: https://support.eset.com/kb2289/.