Can we disconnect internet using ESET Endpoint Security if computer gone un attended

jinujawad

• Administrators

If only domain users log in on the machines, you could create a dynamic group for computers with no domain user logged in:

Then you could assign a specific policy for that dynamic group that would block all network communication by the firewall (I'd suggest creating some exceptions, e.g. for ekrn.exe so that updates can continue to be downloaded).

The only issue with this solution that I can think of is the fact that membership in dynamic groups is evaluated in 20 or 30 minute intervals. As a result, if a user logs in it might take several minutes until the network connection is restored.

image.png

• ESET Staff
3 hours ago, Marcos said:

The only issue with this solution that I can think of is the fact that membership in dynamic groups is evaluated in 20 or 30 minute intervals. As a result, if a user logs in it might take several minutes until the network connection is restored.

Actually dynamic groups are evaluated on AGENT instantly, upon detection of change in monitored data. Logged users detection is based on WMI notifications, so there is very high probability that group as this one would work almost instantly.