ESET Error 0x000003ED (1005) on Installation

Kieran Barry

Hi there,

I am trying to install a 32-bit 6.62089.1 Version of ESET on a Windows XP machine.

When I try to install, I get the error "An unexpected internal error occurred 0x000003ED (1005). Please contact the ESET Support for further assistance." As you can see below:

2117005056_eseterror.thumb.png.89afdaf49ad5b51aef8ea92a86da8c1b.png

Has this error been seen before and is there a fix? Any suggestion would be helpful as this is one of the last deployments on my list!

Thanks,

Kieran

• Administrators

Please install Endpoint locally via an msi installer until the EPI utilized by ERA/ESMC is updated with a fixed version in the repository.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Please install Endpoint locally via an msi installer until the EPI utilized by ERA/ESMC is updated with a fixed version in the repository.

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for coming back to me, please could you direct me in the right direction for this? I can't seem to find a version compatible with Windows XP 32 Bit.

I forgot to note as well that this version of Windows is being run on a Virtual Machine, powered by VMWare.

• ESET Moderators

Hello @Kieran Barry,

support for XP was dropped as of v6.6.2086, previous builds of v6.6 supported XP SP3.

I found a cases where the issue was caused by installed 3.rd party AV product and in one case re-installation of C++ redistributable packages was recommended.

Regards, P.R.

Hi @Peter Randziak

Thanks for letting me know, that being the case, if I install version 6.5, will it be compatible with the web-console that we are using, which I believe is version 6.

Or shall I just go ahead and let everyone know that ESET does not support XP anymore?

• ESET Moderators

Hello @Kieran Barry,

I would advise to use an older version from the 6.6 branch like 6.6.2078. 6.6 has many improvements over the 6.5 versions.

Yes it is compatible with the ERA of 6th generation and as well it's successor ESMC 7., in case you will upgrade start with the server.

17 hours ago, Kieran Barry said:

Or shall I just go ahead and let everyone know that ESET does not support XP anymore?

Definitely no, WinXP is still supported.

Regards, P.R.

Hi @Peter Randziak,

Sorry to be a pain, please could you point me in the direction of where I can find an installer for version 6.6.2078.6.

If i go to here: https://www.eset.com/us/business/endpoint-security/windows-antivirus/download/

It comes up with what version I want to install but when I try to choose Windows XP 32 bit, I don't see an option for it.

I could just be very blind and have missed something obvious (been known to happen frequently)

Regards,

Kieran Barry

• ESET Moderators

Hello @Kieran Barry

no you didn't, we offer on the latest version from each product's generation for download.

I have uploaded them on FTP server so here you are http://ftp.nod.sk/~randziak/EES_6.6.2078.5/ 

Regards, P.R.

6 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @Kieran Barry

no you didn't, we offer on the latest version from each product's generation for download.

I have uploaded them on FTP server so here you are hxxp://ftp.nod.sk/~randziak/EES_6.6.2078.5/ 

Regards, P.R.

Fantastic thank you!

Finally managed to cross the last machine off my deployment list, today is a good day...

Regards,

Kieran