Better monitoring for ESET deployments

Timmeedski

Hello,

So I have been a relatively active user and administrator in my local site's ESET Remote Administration portal. However, I am now taking on admin duties of 18 sites. I was wondering if there was a way, whether it be software, a plugin or something that would allow me to see all of my sites at one time? Having the ability to not have to log-in to each individual site would be useful too.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim

• ESET Staff

Hello,

If you have as of now 19 different ERA servers, each one of them installed on a different machine / network, there is not much we from ESET can offer you. Recommended scenario would be to host all of your sites in a one centralized ERA server, with different security access rights granted to your lover admins (if you have those), and therefore having isolated "branches" / "sites".  Alternatively use some RMM software, but that would be a 3rd party application and only a workaround.

Can you please provide more details concerning your sites (size / systems / locations) and also reasoning why it was set this way (individual servers, instead of a centralized management). Due to sensitivity, you are free to send those via a private message.
Regards,

Michal

Hi Michal,

Thank you for the quick reply. So I might not have enough information yet. My experience with ESET has been administering my local site. Today I started my new role in our corporate offices, and I am told that I will be taking over ESET. Of our 18 sites, I had the most up-to-date and best managed site, and I am will be in-charge of assisting all of the other sites in improving their ESET infrastructure.

Unfortunately, I really can't provide the site information or why we chose individual servers and I have not become privy to that information yet. I guess I jumped the gun in asking what I can do to fix my issue, without really knowing my issue.

Thanks,
Tim