ESET scans and forceful termination.

Hello..

We have a few clients that have been complaining that the scans that start @ 1AM and are supposed to finish and shutdown the respective machines are taking more than 7 hours to complete, or starting out of time.

Is it possible to set the scans to forcefully terminate when a certain time is reached, for example 8AM, the scans not completed would just terminate.

I saw the END BY: option, but that's for the TASK itself or no?

Edited by NumberFive

• Administrators

That's not possible. However, for scheduled scans you can choose whether users will be able to pause or cancel them. I for one don't see any sense in having such option; scans would then always end before they are completed if they started at a fixed time and had to be terminated at a fixed time too.

Do the users have a lot of big archives or images on disks that scans take more than 7 hours?

Ty for your reply Marcos.

Cancelling them is what the owned of the clinic is doing when the employees complain about slow performance on the machines.
I'm not completely familiarized with the machines, but I do not think so.

Is it possible that the scans are starting at a wrong time? 
I've checked the triggers and they're all correct..

I would definitely take a look at the clients and see what all is being scanned. Also verify your scan settings and exclusions: Are they scanning network drives? Do they have external/USB drives that are getting scanned? Are other synced items getting scanned (e.g. Google Drive, etc.).

12 minutes ago, j-gray said:

I would definitely take a look at the clients and see what all is being scanned. Also verify your scan settings and exclusions: Are they scanning network drives? Do they have external/USB drives that are getting scanned? Are other synced items getting scanned (e.g. Google Drive, etc.).

Ty for the tip.
I'll take that into consideration and try to check it out.