initial scan: action postponed until scan completion

Hello,

I have a new ERA server with latest versions of the server and web console.

I installed the agent on two client machines, both Win7, and from there deployed Eset Endpoint Security, latest version. Default configuration, no policy applied yet, I'm only «toying» with it to get a grasp.

During the initial scan, EES discovered a few low level threats (Potentially Unwanted Applications), and says «action selection postponed until scan completion».

The problem is that the initial scan is now over, and I still cannot find how I could act on those files. I'd like to simply delete them, but there is no way to select any action.

Can you help ?

Thanks

• Administrators

It is weird because if Endpoint is really managed via ERA and the agent reports to ERAS, potentially unsafe and unwanted applications should be cleaned automatically. Does the machine appear in the ERA console?

yep, that's where I see the threats. But I can only see the details of those detections, not act on them.

Has the following been recently superceded?

Action is postponed at the end of a scan in standard cleaning mode when:

- a file is found in an archive that also contains other clean files

- a potentially unsafe or unwanted application was detected

- a virus was detected and cleaning failed.

You can enforce deletion by switching to strict cleaning mode. Note that active threats will be cleared in ERAS automatically only if you run a scan using in-depth scan profile settings and the scan is initiated from ERA.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/7291-action-selection-postponed/

Edited by itman

you mean that I can't clean those files without doing a complete new scan of the machine ??? There is no way to target specific files ?

2 hours ago, Rémi said:

you mean that I can't clean those files without doing a complete new scan of the machine ??? There is no way to target specific files ?

Awaiting confirmation from @Marcos on my prior posting. I thought there was a recent modification to Eset Endpoint in that UA/PUA's are now auto removed on initial scan when the default standard cleaning mode is enabled.

Did you check to see if the detections still exist on the device?

• Administrators

I've just installed EES on a computer with ERA agent installed. During the initial scan, a PUA was detected and cleaned automatically.