Virtualization Security

Hey everyone,

My organization is considering Eset's virtualization security to protect our servers/virtual machines instead of using Eset File Security. Does anyone have any experience with it who could tell us the good/bad aspects about it? Any recommendations for licensing?  We utilize 3 ESXI hosts with ~35 Virtual Machines on VMware vSphere 6.5

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello @mfichera

Our protection possibilities in case of securing such environments are limited as we do not have a direct presence on the system, so we cannot integrate as deeply as in case of Endpoint presence.

So we scan what the VMware sends us to scan i.e. only real-time file-system protection and on-demand scans are available, features as HIPS, Anti-stealth, Advanced memory scanning, Ransomware shield and so are not. 

So in case you do not have any particular issue with the agent based solution, I would recommend you to keep using it, ideally the most up to date versions.

Regards, P.R.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:27 AM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @mfichera

Our protection possibilities in case of securing such environments are limited as we do not have a direct presence on the system, so we cannot integrate as deeply as in case of Endpoint presence.

So we scan what the VMware sends us to scan i.e. only real-time file-system protection and on-demand scans are available, features as HIPS, Anti-stealth, Advanced memory scanning, Ransomware shield and so are not. 

So in case you do not have any particular issue with the agent based solution, I would recommend you to keep using it, ideally the most up to date versions.

Regards, P.R.

thanks for the input