Can I delete installers rules?

Hello,

Sometimes when  I install an app or software a rule like this is created

C:\Users\MYNAME\Desktop\Apps\Programs\CCSlim 5.43.6522\ccsetup543_slim.exe

Can I delete them safely?

Because I have a bunch of these rules

Thanks

Came

01CC.thumb.jpg.67d135bde69952680749e78d12b1ebf9.jpg02CC.jpg.47f466fc506d36a836aa4cacd9aff92a.jpg03CC.jpg.8701da5189e1f4ca00cd48826d5ea037.jpg

• Administrators

Blocking rules are never created automatically. I assume you are using interactive firewall mode and when you were asked to allow or deny/block the communication, you chose deny and also checked the option to create a rule.

If you delete such rule, it won't do any harm. Only if the application was installed and the same communication was attempted, you'd be asked to select the action again.

You could simply not choose to create a rule when running an installer if you know that you won't run it again any time soon.

6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Blocking rules are never created automatically. I assume you are using interactive firewall mode and when you were asked to allow or deny/block the communication, you chose deny and also checked the option to create a rule.

If you delete such rule, it won't do any harm. Only if the application was installed and the same communication was attempted, you'd be asked to select the action again.

You could simply not choose to create a rule when running an installer if you know that you won't run it again any time soon.

Thanks @Marcos and yup I am using interactive firewall mode :P