Firewall non-functional after updating to latest version

During testing of deploying the latest version of ESET Endpoint Security over older 6.2 version, we find the firewall is non-function, even after a reboot following the upgrade.

However, a second reboot then seems to clear the problem, this means we need to find a way to run two reboots in the deployment which is tricky for SCCM (we deploy this way so as to give the users some choice in when they apply the update as per their schedule).

Seems to be a recent problem, normally one reboot is sufficient, I suspect it's a recent Windows Update that's changed this, or maybe something in this newest version of Endpoint Security, is this a known problem? Is there a new build of Endpoint Security on the way that can update and be functional in one reboot? Thanks.

• Administrators

Personally haven't heard about such issue yet. Maybe you could create a dynamic group with computers that are reporting the error and then send a Run command task that will perform a restart by running "shutdown -r -t 0".

Most of my testing shows that in place upgrades are good from 6.4 and up to latest version. If you do install over the top from these older versions to 6.6 there is likely hood as you described that security modules will likely by in non-functional state.  I would recommend just pushing out a uninstall task + Reboot and then pushing out Latest build to that same system(s). This process will ensure that "your are protected" should display on Protection Status. going further you can just do install over the top + Reboot as long as you do not fall behind too many versions behind.