failed to connect licensing server

Dear all!

My final goal is to create an offline allinone installer, but the product activation part is now working. I created a new vm, installed agent from eras done. Installing client from eras done but, activation failed. Trying to create an activation task, or a new client task, but i keep getting the error: "Failed to create task: Failed to cennect to the licensing server". Part of trace log attached. I can open in the browser the https://edf.eset.com/edf page, but i can not ping edf.eset.com. Is this a problem?

trace.log

• ESET Staff

There seems to be problem with license synchronization, but I think it is not related to connection itself => communication with licensing servers seems to work correctly, but your ERA instance is not able to fetch activation tokens.

This is new license? I guess you see your license in ERA correctly? In case this issue has not resolved itself after few hours, I would recommend to open support ticket.

• ESET Staff

@petersonal when you speak of "offline all in one installer", what do you mean by "offline"? Is your ERAS connected to the licensing server? Will be the Endpoint able to reach licensing server? Otherwise, I would suggest that you create an offline file from ELA, import it into ERA, and create the installation package using the offline file. Please note, that in case such client connects to our licensing servers, it will alert you of license violation and you will need to reactivate it properly, to be able to further modify / create new offline files on ELA.

Dear MichalJ!

I meant in "offline all in one installer"  in the admin\installers\ create installers\All in one installer. I suppose the ERAS is connected to the licensing sercer because i can see our license at the License Management option, and the status is a green tick, and we have more units to use (139/170 (0 offline)). If this is not enough proof, please tell me, how to check if the ERAS is connected to the licensing server. 
The endpoint is able to reach the licensing server (can ping it).

Edited by petersonal
misspell

• ESET Staff

@petersonal In this case, everything should work as expected. I can´t comment why it´s not working when the installer creation procedure is attempting to get the activation token. 

Maybe a trace-log, with enabled trace verbosity from the server would help my colleagues, like @MartinK to determine the reason. You can open a support ticket with the local ESET partner from your country of origin. 

Dear all!

I contacted my local vendor, and the give a ridiculously simple answer: remove the license from admin\ license management, and then re add it. And it worked!! :)