Hello babcompany

In my opinion there is no need  to change the default settings, they are quite good and well thought out. There is just one thing that I think is very important to have enabled , and that is " potentially unwanted applications". It is not a default setting, but you are prompted, in the beginning of the installation, to enable it or have it disabled. You can always go back and change it if needed. Just  press F5 key, to access advanced setup. Then expand "Computer" and click "Antivirus and antispyware".

Regards Janus :-))

Hello babcompany

In my opinion there is no need  to change the default settings, they are quite good and well thought out. There is just one thing that I think is very important to have enabled , and that is " potentially unwanted applications". It is not a default setting, but you are prompted, in the beginning of the installation, to enable it or have it disabled. You can always go back and change it if needed. Just  press F5 key, to access advanced setup. Then expand "Computer" and click "Antivirus and antispyware".

Regards Janus :-))

Hi Janus,

Thanks for the reply. I enabled unwanted applications on set up.

I agree with Sir. Janus, the defaults are fine, a good balance between protection and performance. And enabling PUA detections is also good to do.

The only other option that i enable on all my client machines is the Scan when Idle function & "Idle state detection".

Screen Saver

Computer lock

Logoff

Its nice that ESET watches when i walk away. :)