How to clean threats manually, after a scan?

Hello,

I'm attempting to scan a removable HDD, and I would like to scan for threats (without auto cleaning), and then choose which threats to be cleaned or quarantined.

However, I cannot seem find an option to do this simple task. In custom scan, all I see is the option to 'Scan without Cleaning'. If I untick this option, I'm shown a list of threats after the scan, but no way to select and remove specific threats. Its either this, or I can tick and give full permission to automatically delete all the scanned threats which I don't want to.

So, can I first scan and view the results, and then select the threats of my choice to be cleaned?

Edited by pras92
minor edit

Thanks. Selecting 'No cleaning' did what I asked. I knew already that option, but didn't tweak it thinking default settings would be what I needed.

However, the results window is still far from user friendly. As you can see in the attached image, the window couldn't be maximized and hence the filename column doesn't display the entire file path.

Also, this window was thrown when the scan was yet to be completed. So I had to wait for the scan to complete before taking any actions in this small window, making it pointless to be shown during an ongoing scan.

Too confusing even for an advanced user like me..

eset.thumb.PNG.c514756d8708300158728e9f80cb114c.PNG

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, pras92 said:

Thanks. Selecting 'No cleaning' did what I asked. I knew already that option, but didn't tweak it thinking default settings would be what I needed.

However, the results window is still far from user friendly. As you can see in the attached image, the window couldn't be maximized and hence the filename column doesn't display the entire file path.

Also, this window was thrown when the scan was yet to be completed. So I had to wait for the scan to complete before taking any actions in this small window, making it pointless to be shown during an ongoing scan.

Too confusing even for an advanced user like me..

eset.thumb.PNG.c514756d8708300158728e9f80cb114c.PNG

@Marcos this is something I have brought up a few times with screenshots included. It would be handy to have a way to maximize this window rather than having to constantly drag things along to read filenames. If you have things organised like me with folders within folders and so on filenames can become long