Anyway to stop Dynamic Group from inheriting Global Policies?

Hey Guys!

So I'm having a problem assigning a Policy to a specific PC. I've got the PC in it's own Dynamic Group, and verified it's inside the Group.

The problem is, when I go to Details>Config>Applied Policies, the Global Policy is being Applied first, and overriding my new Test Policy.

I can't seem to find anywhere to remove any of the Inherited Policies. 

Is this not possible or am I just missing something?

Thanks!!!

• Administrators

If you create a new static group under All, e.g. All - "All with policies" and move all machines to the "All with policies" group, remove all policies from the All group and bind them to the "All with policies" group, it should work.

So what it looks like - is someone has applied a global policy to the All Group - so you're saying move everyone to another generic group that isnt "All", and apply the same policies - but, any PC under the All group wont inherit any polices because we'd remove them from all, but apply them to the new generic group - right?

• Administrators

That's correct. The policies that you don't want to be applied to all PCs may not be bound to the All group since all subgroups will inherit them. I would create a new static group and move all but dynamic groups under that new static group and bind the desired policies to it. As a result, dynamic groups located right under the global All group won't inherit these policies.