Virus-Blasterworm32. Help

Hi my name is Cynthia. I seem to have a virus on my laptop. It is a Toshiba Windows 7. My Norton was expired and I went to renew it and everytime I download it, it says the program contained a virus and it was deleted. I have gotten a popup showing a "mock scan" this virus does and shows horrific things that it says is on my computer which I can assure you is not on there. It wont let me get onto any programs or the internet. I had a friend tell me to try downloading malware bytes and that should help but virus won again there. Im hoping theres someone out there that could help me figure out how to get rid of the damn thing so I can reinstall Norton and have my antivirus working on my computer. Thanks for any input! :)

• Administrators

Is a threat detected when you run a full disk scan with the most current signature database installed? If you have a problem installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Smart Security, you can try running a disk scan with ESET Online Scanner.

Yes !

Please try a scan with the Online scanner, however if you run into any issues and cannot , try this to see if it helps with downloading things :

1. Click Start icon-rarr_10x9.pngComputer icon-rarr_10x9.pngLocal Disk (C:) icon-rarr_10x9.pngProgram Files.

2. Right-click the Windows Defender folder and select Rename from the context menu.

Good luck.