Freezes My Mac

ESET Cyber Security 6.5.600.1

Installed as an update to the old version, when I restarted the computer I got a kernel panic on the esets_daemon.  The only way I can use the computer at this point is to not have ESET installed.  It is too late to call support now.  I have attached the kernel panic screenshots taken with my phone.  Here is what we tried

1.  Remove ESET, computer works like a charm

2.  Reinstall ESET from fresh download, computer freezes

3.  Remove ESET, computer starts working again

4.  Run ESET Uninstall, Reinstall ESET, ESET asks for license again which it did not do on last install, assuming that the uninstall must have actually done something.  

5.  ESET froze the computer while I was digging up the license code.

6.  Removed ESET from safe mode using the ESET uninstaller,

I am running El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G19009) - Kernel Version Darwin 15.6.0

IMG_20180123_203535265.jpg

IMG_20180123_203715305.jpg

IMG_20180123_203829316.jpg

So what your saying is that ESET is no longer compatible with El Capitan?... Since what your saying was so unbelieveable I contacted ESET support and they found a way around this.  Apparently they just removed the offending .DAT file from your servers and now its all good again.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, TheOldRepublic said:

So what your saying is that ESET is no longer compatible with El Capitan?... Since what your saying was so unbelieveable I contacted ESET support and they found a way around this.  Apparently they just removed the offending .DAT file from your servers and now its all good again.

I'm not saying that. If you read the alert article I referred to, it reads exactly the same what ESET support did:

1, Start macOS in Safe Boot Mode (hold Shift during startup).
2, Open Terminal.
3, Execute the following command in Terminal:
sudo rm -rf "/Library/Application Support/ESET/esets/modules/em040_32.dat"