Notifications per groups

Hello

I have multiple static groups, for example, group1 and group2.

I duplicated the "Threat detection notification" default notification and assigned the original copy to group1, and the duplicated copy to the group2 group.

I configured email sending distribution for both notifications, and used different recipients addresses in them (recipients1 and recipients2)

Currently, if we have a threat on a computer in group1 or group2, recipients1 _and_ recipients2 will receive an email.

How can we set up the notifications in order to events occured in a group trigger only the notifications assigned to that group?

thanks,
Vilmos

• ESET Staff

Hello, 

this is not possible in the current ERA v6.5 (so I am not sure how you configured the notification for a static group). However, it will be possible in the next release (v7). 

But there is a workaround for this scenario. You can create a user with access rights for only computers in StaticGroup1 and another user with access right for only computers in StaticGroup2. and Create the Threat detection notification under each of them. This way the notification will report the events only for computers available to the user.

we have two permission sets (perm1, perm2) with "static group access" correspondingly to group1, group2

perm1, perm2 are mapped to adgroup1, adgroup2 ("mapped domain security groups")

so I am not sure how you configured the notification for a static group

Admin / notifications, duplicate a notification, click on one of them, Access group, Move

This way the notification will report the events only for computers available to the user.

It doesn't look like. I have testuser from both ad groups. When I log in with them, only see that one group, what it should to see (this is ok).

However, each threat notification emails are sent out two times, with different recipients.