Threatsense parameters

novice

• Most Valued Members

I'm confused because when a file gets quarantined for me I don't see an extra copy in the same folder like the user mentioned

12 hours ago, peteyt said:

I'm confused because when a file gets quarantined for me I don't see an extra copy in the same folder like the user mentioned

If you, an ESET insider / Consultant are confused, what about us, the regular users?????

It seems like, only if ESET is able to clean /remove the virus part  of  the file , you will see the file in original location (like nothing happened) [ but the file is cleaned], and another file with the same name , in quarantine , but this time infected ( like the original one)

Easy, eh????

Edited by John Alex

• Most Valued Members
55 minutes ago, John Alex said:

If you, an ESET insider / Consultant are confused, what about us, the regular users?????

It seems like, only if ESET is able to clean /remove the virus part  of  the file , you will see the file in original location (like nothing happened) [ but the file is cleaned], and another file with the same name , in quarantine , but this time infected ( like the original one)

Easy, eh????

I gather that is to avoid false positives. So if you delete a virus it is copied to quarentine and removed from the original location but if you clean it the original is put in quarentine still in case it was a false positive. The user can always remove the infected version after a while once they know the program still works fine cleaned