Cannot upgrade server through ERA task [Solved]

Hello,

I cannot find a way to upgrade linux ERA server to a newer version through web console, there's a task for this, but i need to select a target. If i select any computer, it says it completed successfully, but nothing happens really. I cannot select my server, because it's not in any of the lists.

I was referring to this manual, it says select any computers and you can upgrade ERA Server, but HOW?

(hxxp://help.eset.com/era_install/65/en-US/index.html?components_upgrade.htm)

List of upgraded components:
ERA Server

Task Type: Remote Administrator Components Upgrade
Remote Administrator components upgrade settings
Automatically reboot when needed: Yes
Reference Remote Administration Server: ESET Remote Administrator Server; version 6.4.304.0 for linux (Red Hat 6, 7, CentOS 6, 7, Fedora 19, SUSE 11, OpenSUSE 13, Debian 7, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS)

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.3.148.0
ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.3.114.0

I missed a few versions, so now i want to upgrade to the latest version one by one.

Edited by Markovskij
Solved

• ESET Staff

You have to have ERA agent installed on the machine, where ERA server is running. If you do not have the ERA agent on the machine, you can´t per from the upgrade, as the upgrade is performed by ERA agent. ERA agent downloads the new version of ERA server / webconsole, and installs it over the older versions. I assume, that when you do not see ERA server anywhere in the targets, you do not have agent there.

I installed the Agent on the server, ran the server upgrade, task completed successfully and i see that Web Console has upgraded, but the server did not. There's no information in the server logs at all, just like nothing happened. I'll try the manual upgrade, this has taken too much time already.

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.3.148.0
ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.4.266.0

Edited by Markovskij

Ok, i tried few more times. Once i selected the latest version of the product, it installed fast and without problems.

Thank you, i see you have improved, great job, good luck!

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.5 (6.5.417.0)
ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.5 (6.5.388.0)

• ESET Staff

It might be a bit late, but there were bigger changes between ERA 6.4 (& older) and ERA 6.5, from the perspective of DB structure changes. So server upgrade might take longer than expected. Sorry for not mentioning that before. I am glad to hear, that upgrade went smoothly.