On-demand computer scan is very slow in Windows 10.

Haresh2015

I have installed ESET Endpoint Security v.6.5 in 200 systems and configure scheduled smart scanning by ERA Console, but issue face in one system "On-demand computer scan is very slow and take 3-4 hours for finish and other systems take time 1.5 hours.

so please find uploaded ELC Logs and do needful as soon.

hxxp://www.wikifortio.com/806260/ees_logs.zip

Regards,

Haresh

• Administrators

It's not possible to compare scan time between computers unless they have very same files on the disk and the settings are same as well.

What could take long are large archives, such as iso files as each file in an archive needs to be unpacked and scanned. Try disabling scanning of archives to see how much faster the scan will be.

14 minutes ago, Marcos said:

It's not possible to compare scan time between computers unless they have very same files on the disk and the settings are same as well.

What could take long are large archives, such as iso files as each file in an archive needs to be unpacked and scanned. Try disabling scanning of archives to see how much faster the scan will be.

Archives scanning already disabled, also check rnv30059.sclgscl.erp system take more time to scanning  instead of other system , see attached scheduled scan report

Computer+Schedule+Scan+Report.zip

• Administrators

On my computer it took 13 minutes to scan ~850,000 files. In your log, I see that ~1,553,000 files were scanned in ~5 hours.

I'd start of by running a full disk scan locally and providing me with ELC logs from that machine, including on-demand scan details selected to be collected.