Can't acivate File Security on Win Server 2012 r2 error act.23

hi,

i can't activate a second windows server 2012 r2 server. era activation isnt working and manual activation over the eset security admin acc isnt working too.

i get the ERROR ACT.23 (cant find it in the FAQ)

- I already have a ESET File Security installation activated in my environment. 

6.5.12010.0  Up-to-date version de_DE

25.09.2017 15:06:49 - During execution of Kernel on the computer SD-SRV-30, the following event occurred: Aktivierung fehlgeschlagen: Das Security Admin-konto enthalt keine Einheitenverteilungen, die zur Aktivierung des Produkts geeignet sind.

Hi, thanks.

Public ID is: 33D-4AX-R94

The Server is a normal Windows Server 2012 R2 installation. Connected to our Company Domain. Its not configured as a Terminal Server. The Server only runs our CRM System (Server is 3-4 Days old).

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

the license is issued for "ESET Endpoint Security for Windows" so that is why you cannot activate ESET File Security product, it is not the bundled license for both Endpoint and EFSW.

I would suggest to contact your reseller with this.

Regards, P.R.

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/09/2017 at 9:33 AM, schuetzdentalCB said:

hmm okay. but i was able to activate another File Security Server with that license? will ask my reseller. thank you :)

Hi

Did you get an answer on this? I've had the same problem since I asked our reseller to add an additional Endpoint Security seat to the licence. All the Endpoint Security seats activated fine but the File Security seat on 2008R2 Server won't activate. It was activated fine before on the same licence

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, S t e v e said:

All the Endpoint Security seats activated fine but the File Security seat on 2008R2 Server won't activate. It was activated fine before on the same licence

Please provide me with your public license ID and also contact your local distributor. In our country, we sell bundles of ESET Endpoint and ESET File Security licenses but it may be different in other countries. I assume that it shouldn't be a problem for a distributor to convert a particular Endpoint license to a bundle.