Delete duplicate computers

When a computer is reinstalled, ESET lists that computer twice, with the same name (FQDN) and IP (see screenshot). It is failing to automatically detect that is actually the same computer. As such, I'd like to create a task that automatically removes the older one of these duplicates.

A solution would be to create a template and dynamic group that lists duplicates, and then apply the "Delete not connecting computers" task to this group. Unfortunately I haven't found any way of creating the duplicate names template. Can anyone present a solution for this? Thanks.

eset_duplicate.png

• ESET Staff

It is not possible to use dynamic groups for this scenario -> dynamic groups are evaluated on client machine, and independently of other clients. In your case, one machine is not connecting, and the one currently active has no knowledge that there is another device with the same name.

For this case, I would recommend to create report, which can show you how many computers of the same name name are present in console and furhter drill-down analysis may help you to filter those not connecting duplicates. I have described such report in one of older posts.