ESET NOD32 Antivirus exploit protection?

sky7

"ESET NOD32 Antivirus nor ESET Endpoint Security v5 do not protect you from malware exploiting CVE2017-0144 at the network level."

I understand that ESET NOD32 Antivirus does not protect from EternalBlue exploit(Wannacry ransomware attack) and EternalRomance exploit at the 'network level' because ESET NOD32 Antivirus does not have a firewall & IDS

ESET NOD32 Antivirus also has a HIPS and exploit protection based on same database with EIS and ESS so I believe that ESET NOD32 Antivirus could protect the system from EternalBlue exploit and EternalRomance exploit when it happened WannaCry ransomware Petya Ransomware Outbreak.
Any ESET staff can confirm ESET NOD32 Antivirus also can protect system from NSA exploits(EternalBlue exploit, EternalRomance ) at that time?

Of course, I'm not talking about 'network level' protection.

• Administrators

You're asking about SMBv1 exploits, ie. exploits that target network vulnerabilities. Therefore the question about EAV protecting from these exploits does not make sense. EAV cannot currently protect from network exploits as this can only be done by the firewall inspecting network communication.

Another question is detection of malware or applications that spread via network exploiting the mentioned vulnerabilities. In that case it can vary from case to case, some malware was proactively blocked by other protection techniques and some required update of modules in order to be detected.