Viber

Hello Good day.
     Why is my installed Viber can't connect to the internet but when i use my browser it works properly. I also opened the Port in Firewall and did the instructions stated in viber.com.. I think ESET antivirus is blocking the app. I'm using windows 8 in my desktop. Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

Unfortunately, you didn't post in a product forum so we don't know what product and version you use. Do you use ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Internet Security? The latest 10.1 version? Does temporarily disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup or firewall (in the case of EIS/ESS) make a difference?

• Most Valued Members

If it's not NOD32 but one of the ones with a firewall try going into setup - network connections and then choose the troubleshooting wizard. It shows what has been blocked e.g. last 5 minutes, last hour etc. and allows you to unblock stuff in case something is being blocked accidentally.

• Administrators

ESS 5.0 is very old. ESS 5.2 reached its end of life in December 2015. Please uninstall it and install ESET Internet Security 10.1 instead.