ESS 9 update failed in Windows 7.

I have Windows 7 and ESS 9. The ESET update notification did not disclose which version of ESS will be updated. Despite administrator rights in Windows, during the update I received the message:
"The service 'ESET Service' (ekrn) could not be deleted. Please make sure that you have sufficient privileges to remove the system services."
What should I do?

Edited by Lihiyot_mugan

• Most Valued Members

Not too sure, but have you thought about going on to version 10 which is the latest?

• Administrators

I'd check permissions for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ekrn and the subkey and making sure that the System account and Administrators group have full permissions granted.

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

I'd check permissions for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ekrn and the subkey and making sure that the System account and Administrators group have full permissions granted.

I have taken screenshots of the keys from the registry and they are presented below. However, I don't work as a system administrator and don't fully understand about Group Policy and user accounts in Windows. In this regard, can you give me more detailed instructions on how and what should I do? And I still don't understand why previous updates passed without problems?

ekrn keys.PNG

ekrn-Parameters keys.PNG