I can not install agent era remotely.

When I try to install the era agent remotely, an error is generated. When I check in the reports, an attempt is made to install via SSH, but I do not understand why it is trying to install this way, especially since it is an installation on a Windows 7 computer.

Windows Firewall is disabled, I can access the share "admin $" without problems, the user configured in the task is a network administrator. Please help me figure out the problem.

• ESET Staff

During exeucion of remote deployment, all 3 methods are tried, including SSH. There should be also failure for both methods for deploying to windows machined (Windows network and WMI). There is a special report for remote deployment, which should provide more details of deployment progress - at least whether it failed during connection, or installation of AGENT.

Unfortunatelly you have not provided any specific details (trace log errors, ERA Server is runing on windows or linux?). I would also recommend to check steps described in documentation for deployment troubleshooting.

22 hours ago, MartinK said:

During exeucion of remote deployment, all 3 methods are tried, including SSH. There should be also failure for both methods for deploying to windows machined (Windows network and WMI). There is a special report for remote deployment, which should provide more details of deployment progress - at least whether it failed during connection, or installation of AGENT.

Unfortunatelly you have not provided any specific details (trace log errors, ERA Server is runing on windows or linux?). I would also recommend to check steps described in documentation for deployment troubleshooting.

Good afternoon. The server that is installed on the ERA is running Windows Server. Where are the trace files related to the agent era installation on the ERA server? Thank you for your help

• ESET Staff

First of all, there is a report named " Agent Deployment tasks information in last 30 days" available directly from console - it is easiets way how to find out in which phase deployment failed.

In case it won't help, or in case problem will be with connection to client machine, analysis of SERVER trace log may help. Location of trace log can be found in documentation article I referenced in previous post.

On 30/08/2017 at 3:48 PM, MartinK said:

First of all, there is a report named " Agent Deployment tasks information in last 30 days" available directly from console - it is easiets way how to find out in which phase deployment failed.

In case it won't help, or in case problem will be with connection to client machine, analysis of SERVER trace log may help. Location of trace log can be found in documentation article I referenced in previous post.

I will try to explain the situation at the moment. An image is used to install Windows on computers, one with Windows 7 and one with Windows 10, and both contain the era agent and EES installed.

When the Windows 10 image is used to format some machine, it works correctly, this computer can communicate with the ERA and takes a license and is activated.

When the process is done with the Windows 7 image, it is wrong, the computer can not communicate with the ERA and it is not even possible to force an era agent installation on that computer, and the error generated in the report refers to communication failure (later I'll be posting a print of the report). But if I do connection tests to this computer, I have a positive answer, for example, I can ping to it, I can access the share C $ and ADMIN $, I can execute the compile nslookup to know if it has a return on the network, and it returns ok. One thing I found strange, is that this machine with Windows 7, despite getting such access, if I try to access via RDP, I can not, it is necessary to configure to release so that I can. Windows Firewall per GPO is disabled.

Thank you for your help.

Can someone help me please? Where can I open call to Eset without being here in the Forum? Is there a channel to open calls to customers?

Edited by Primuwidi