Receiving old alerts via email

Casasco

Hello everyone,

I am using the Remote Administrator Console to manage AV protection, and I enabled email notifications for new threats, now it caughts my attention that I am receiving emails with old alerts, for example:

-----Original message-----
Sent: monday, november 4th 2013 6:47
To: NOD32
Subject: Server: CAS Email Nuevo registro de amenazas

2760, Server / Pc000, 2013-09-02 14:25:54 , MYDOMAIN/myaccount, Filtro HTTP, Advertencia, archivo, hxxp://blogtopcms.com/hotlink/pics.php, una variante de Win32/Kryptik.BJKJ Troyano, conexión finalizada - puesto en Cuarentena, Se ha detectado una amenaza accediendo a un sitio de Internet a través de esta aplicación: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Drwatsonp.exe.

I am receiving several emails each week with these old alerts

Is there an explanation for this behavior?

Thanks in advance!

UP

Does anyone have a clue on what is the problem here? How can I get in touch with corporate support to raise a case or something like that?

Kind regards.

Casasco,

I would be happy to help resolve this for you. Keep in mind that each country has a direct contact information on their eset website. Select Eset.com and choose your country from the drop down menu in the top right and then the conact option will provide direct contact info.

If you would like to work tor esolve this, please feel free to contact me directly using PM so I can get some information from you directly (specifically, export of your notifications, a copy of the client configuration as well as a compelte copy of the email that is being sent to you about the old notifications).

If you prefer to talk to someone directly, you are welcome to use the contact webpage mentioned above.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Casasco,

It would seem that we were unable to contact you. We will keep trying to reach you. We are very eager to assist in resolving this for you.

Patrick

Probably related to the bug that has been in ESET for quite some time that resends threats to ERA multiple times long after they occurred. As an example I have one right now I'm looking at in ERA that shows Date Received "3 Months Ago" but Date Occurred "5 Months ago". However if I look further back in the logs I can see the same threat was already reported 5 months ago, so something triggers the client to resend it. I've seen the problem through all the variants of NOD32 version 4 and now ESET Antivirus 5. I've always just ignored it as it happens once in awhile, but I'm guessing this could be triggering your e-mails on threats that have already occurred.