Virus signature update not updating

millercathy

I receive a red alert that the virus signature database is out of date. I click several times on Update but it does not update. I tried updating from the Update screen by hitting Update Now and it comes back with the message that it is up to date - even though the last update shows 8/16/2017, 15733 (20170712). I cleared the cache, I rebooted 4 times and every time the red security alert comes up with the same message.

I have Windows7 Home Premium (64-bit), Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1. My ESET NOD32 version is 10.1.219.0

• Administrators

If you had v9 installed before and upgraded to v10, it could be that v9 update servers remained set in the registry. I'd suggest uninstalling ESET, deleting "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security" and then installing v10 from scratch.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

If you had v9 installed before and upgraded to v10, it could be that v9 update servers remained set in the registry. I'd suggest uninstalling ESET, deleting "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security" and then installing v10 from scratch.

I am not a techie so pardon the stupid question, but if I uninstall it 1st, how do I delete  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security

2 hours ago, millercathy said:

I am not a techie so pardon the stupid question, but if I uninstall it 1st, how do I delete  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security

Use this article for reference: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-add-change-delete-registry-keys-values-2625145 . Scroll down to this section, How to Delete Registry Keys & Values.

Before doing any registry modification, create a system restore point. If you screw up something, you can always restore your system to what is was prior to the screw up.

Be careful and only delete this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security. Make sure you restart your system after exiting regedit and prior to installing Eset ver. 10.

If you are uneasy will any of this, ask a tech friend to do the registry key deletion for you.

Edited by itman