Major Issues with Chrome after installing ESET Endpoint Security 6.5.2107.1

Chrome Issues: Can't get to some sites since installing ESET Endpoint Security 6.5.2107.1

Here is one error I get: 

There was a problem accessing the site. Try to browse to the site again.
If the problem persists, contact the administrator of this site and provide the reference number to identify the problem.

Reference number: 388f3829-7452-4010-bb89-c30c15a258fc

------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another computer I cannot go to any website at all. Here is the msg. I get:

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at hxxp://www.lowetoyota.com/used-inventory/index.htm
might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new
web address.
ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

On this same computer I can't even print anymore!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

When trying to access the Remote Admin console I get this msg. in Chrome:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 10.19.67.85 (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Note: I use my computer to log into the server, which is on the same machine.

I've got to have these issues resolved! I am not installing your product on any other computers until I can get these issues resolved.

Best Regards,

Scott Stewart

• Administrators

I would try the following:

1, If you had an older product (v3/v4) installed before, download and run EpfwWfpRegV10.1.3.exe as an administrator with the "/unreg" switch.

2, If there's a problem related to secure connections and certificates:
- restart the computer
- without launching any application, disable SSL/TLS scanning in the advanced setup and click OK.
- re-enable SSL/TLS scanning and click OK
- launch Chrome and try to reproduce the issue.

Should the problem persist, let us know if any of the following makes a difference:
- temporarily disabling firewall in gui
- temporarily disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup
- temporarily disabling automatic start of real-time protection and restarting the computer
- temporarily disabling HIPS and restarting the computer.

What operating system is it? What platform (32 or 64-bit)? Does the issue occur with IE and Firefox as well?

Thanks for the quick reply. I am running WIndows 10 64-bit. This is the first time I've installed ESET on our systems and I checked and we are on the latest version of both the client and server. I will keep you posted on the troubleshooting items you have listed above. Hopefully this will fix the issues. I'm still baffled by the printing issue.

Solution #2 should fix the SSL error.  Sounds like the cert didn't properly install.

The machine not able to access any website coming back with the ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED error and not being able to print sounds like DNS.  I assume the printer is networked via hostname.  Flush your DNS cache and try again.  Also check firewall to make sure it is not preventing communication by temporarily disabling it.  If that's the culprit you just need to configure your firewall rules.

On 8/24/2017 at 5:08 PM, ScottWStewart said:

Thanks Cousin Vinny. Is ESET Endpoint Security 6.5.2107.1 the latest version? 

Hey Scott, no prob.

The current version of Endpoint Security is now 6.6.2046.0

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Vinny, Thanks again for the help. I have compiled the latest version of Endpoint Security but when I look in the ESET Remote Administrator all the new version installs are showing up under lost and found. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Morning Scott,

That's just because you have not placed the computers into any group(s).  Go to the Computers section of the ERA and click on the "All" group so it's highlighted - you'll see a little gear icon appear to the right of the folder.  When you click this icon it will give you the option to create a new static or dynamic group.  If you don't want to deal with subgrouping your hosts, all you need to do is select them in the Computers section, click "Action" on the bottom of the ERA and choose Move to Group to place them in "All".