Right click file reputation not working

I am using ESET smart security (latest version) and I cannot get the file reputation window to display properly (right-click file > advanced options > check file reputation using eset live grid), the 3 risk-level columns always remain empty (see attached image). The similar window in the gui tools for running processes works fine. Is there an easy way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

post-2106-0-26867700-1383063380_thumb.jpg

Edited by bentham

Hey bentham

Sometime, if you have not already tried it, it can be best to start with the basic, I mean try to completely uninstall Eset, reboot as it suggests, and then reinstall Eset again to see if it will do a difference.

Regards, Janus

Edited by Janus

Many thanks for the reply, I'll try reinstalling as you suggested when I have the time to spare. I was hoping for a more quick solution if possible in the meanwhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont bother reinstalling. This can be replicated quite easily, it just means the file is not known, or has not reached a defined threshold to show any kind of statistical data. Try a more common file.

Thanks for the reply, I haven't got round to reinstalling yet. Yes I can see what you say makes sense, however I haven't managed to find any files that show the information. I have tried standard windows files and common update files etc. The image above was using a common java update file.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, I uninstalled ESET and re-downloaded the installer (which was slightly bigger than the one I already had, despite being the same version!).

After reinstalling, the file reputation is now working correctly, so thanks Janus for the suggestion :)

Just a quick update, I uninstalled ESET and re-downloaded the installer (which was slightly bigger than the one I already had, despite being the same version!).

After reinstalling, the file reputation is now working correctly, so thanks Janus for the suggestion :)

Hey bentham

Thanks for your feedback, is it much appreciated.I am very happy to hear, that things is working as it should.

Take care, Janus :-))