High sensitivity heuristic?

I've noticed that some people's endpoint security has an optional high sensitivity heuristic in the threatsense parameter. However, I cannot find this option in my v6.5 endpoint security installation. Is this option only open to some companies or controlled by the administrator?

• Administrators

The setting should not be visible to users. Please tell us in which product and version do you see this setting? Is the product fully updated? Does it update from pre-release or regular update servers? Also post information about installed modules from the About window.

22 hours ago, Marcos said:

The setting should not be visible to users. Please tell us in which product and version do you see this setting? Is the product fully updated? Does it update from pre-release or regular update servers? Also post information about installed modules from the About window.

I once saw this option in the ESET Remote Administrator (in an old version). I am currently using ERA 6.5.522 with EES 6.4, but cannot find this option anymore. 

heur.jpg.51e7d41b0bd908eb32dbfbf6009c5421.jpg

I remembered the option was here in the policy tab of windows product. Is it an abandoned feature?

• Administrators

It's a feature that is being fine tuned to reduce false positives and was not supposed to be seen by users yet.

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

It's a feature that is being fine tuned to reduce false positives and was not supposed to be seen by users yet.

Thanks. It means it will be available again sometimes in the future endpoint release? Will it also be available in personal products?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, 0xDEADBEEF said:

Thanks. It means it will be available again sometimes in the future endpoint release? Will it also be available in personal products?

There are currently no plans to use it in home products as administrators are usually technically savvy enough to be able to handle increased number of false positives which cannot be said about majority of home users.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

There are currently no plans to use it in home products as administrators are usually technically savvy enough to be able to handle increased number of false positives which cannot be said about majority of home users.

Cool, thanks. Looking forward to seeing the new detection feature in the future endpoint releases.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please have Eset reconsider! Should be an optional setting for home users.

If this feature is strictly signature based versus being conditioned by LiveGrid reputational status, then forget my request.

Also recommend Eset start considering a "Pro" version of their home products incorporating Endpoint features such as file wildcard support, etc. that would be geared toward IT pros and the like.

Edited by itman

• 3 months later...

Recently saw some news about Enterprise Inspector. Just wondering if this functionality will be absorbed to EEI, or it is still planned to return sometimes to the endpoint security product?