False Positive or Failed Detection Rate.

To Whom It May Concern:

I run multiple scans a day, every day since having installed ESET NOD32 on a workstation for the last three months.  Each time I have zero detection of files stored on the same machine with the same files.  In the past week I have noticed that the latest updates are now flagging files that are considered to be "Potentially Unsafe Application" (PUA).  These same files have been scanned daily, multiple times  a day with zero results, without changing any options on ESET NOD32.  Why are these files now considered PUA?  When in the past ESET did not even noticed them for three months. 

The files are:

CPU-Z_1.56-setup-en.exe

HWMonitor_1.16-setup.exe

Both come up as PUA due to having "AskInstallChecker" and "AskToolbarInstaller".

I am running ESET NOT32 on Win7x64 OS.
Version of virus signature database: 15685 (20170703)
Date: 7/3/2017  Time: 2:50:40 PM

I have previous scan logs which scanned the same files with no detection.

Your guidance and/or assistance in this matter is appreciated.

Respectfully,

Urashima Taro

• Administrators

You must have enabled detection of potentially unsafe applications just recently. This particular detection of a toolbar has been there since 2012.

Hello Marcos,

Thank you for taking time to reply.  Are there any logs within ESET NOD32 that I could provide to you that will show if and when I changed any settings?  I am the only one who has access to the workstation in question and have not made any changes since the time of the initial installation of NOD32.  The logs that I have only show when the scanner started to flag these files as PUA.  Any insight into providing you this evidence of changes within NOD32 is appreciated.

Respectfully,

Urashima Taro